Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Question For My Tea-Length Ladies...

For all the tea-length brides out there, did you meet with any resistance when you announced your choice of dress? I saw cocktail-length wedding dresses on Indiebride (they have a fabulously feminist and alternative discussion board for non wedding-industrial-complex brides-- just look under "Kvetch") before I was even engaged, and I just knew that those were the dresses for me. The only raised eyebrows I really got were at bridal stores or from other brides, albeit ones I don't know very well.

I really just felt that the tea-length fit my personality (I'm a vintage gal at heart), and seemed a lot more fun than the giant, corsetted dresses I tried on. Not that those didn't look good, too. But they just didn't feel like me.

How do the folks in your life feel about your tea-length dreams?


No comments:

Post a Comment