Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Frocks: Beach Wedding Dress: Dessy 1030




Our honeymoon was at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, and naturally, I saw more than a couple of destination weddings. I remember one bride had the full-on giant taffeta dress with a train, and beading, and sequins, and the whole nine yards. I would have nightmares trying to transport that dress--what if my luggage got lost or damaged? The rest of the wedding party was pretty casually dressed, but the bride really stood out in her giant dress.

Obviously it's not for everyone, but I think a more casual beach wedding is the perfect opportunity to wear a shorter dress--you'll be breezy and carefree in a hot climate, and you can even dip your toes in the ocean without having a team to hold up your dress!

I'm liking this Dessy destination wedding dress. It's sweet and easy, could be dressed up or dressed down, and won't take up a lot of room in your luggage. Plus, I'm a sucker for pockets in fancy occasion dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment