Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Frocks: Dolly Couture's Derby Collection

So today's Friday Frock is really more of a bridesmaid's dress, or engagement party dress, but I couldn't resist.

Dolly Couture, beloved by tea-length brides for her reasonably-priced custom dresses in tons of fun, vintage-inspired designs, just released the Derby Collection. It's a collection of vintage-inspired dresses in a selection of fun fabrics that could be worn for special occasions, or just when the mood strikes. Best of all, they're priced right around the $200 mark! They're available in a wide range of sizes, from a 24" to a 40" waist, and the classic silhouette looks like it will be flattering to a variety shapes.




I'm loving the "Desiree"as an idea for bridesmaid dresses. I was watching a morning news segment being shot at our local bridal fair, and amidst all the very classic, 2-colour table settings, there was one that really stood out to me--a bold, patterned tablecloth. It was fun and modern, and it made me wonder why patterns aren't used at more weddings. I suppose it carries the risk of becoming too busy, and everything screaming "LOOK AT ME!". But I think a well-placed pattern (or two) could be darling without being over the top.

What do you think? Are you using patterns in your wedding decor planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment